Going to war over religion is basically killing one another to see who’s got the better imaginary friend…
[Reminder] PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
We, at The Photographers Directory, are very happy to count on you with the submissions you send our way everyday.
Unfortunately, due to the large amount of submissions we get and the time it takes to review each of them, we’re in need of new and very specific guidelines you guys will have to follow, starting today. In case of not following these, your submission will not be considered.
The guidelines are:
- Original work blogs only. (No reblogs, or a very small rate)
- Your blog must be at least one month old and with enough content so that we can make a decision. Regular bloggers are the ideal user.
- No huge watermarks on the image you upload (if any). Stay classy, people.
- Set the click-through link to your Tumblr photography blog. (We won’t be able to do it for you any longer).
- Add links to your Tumblr blog and to your other social networks. (If any) We won’t fix them if you set them wrong.
- Write a brief introduction. We wanna know who you are, what your thoughts on photography are, and what your work’s all about. You can also add the title of your shot and the possible series it belongs to.
- Choose up to five tags from the list that actually describe your work.
- Only one submission per user.
- Click the submit button ONCE. Be sure it will go through, really. Multiple clicks will result in multiple submissions sent, and in our inbox cluttered.
- Avoid asking when will your submission be posted, if it did get chosen or not, and such. Be patient, it takes up to 7 days (or more) for a submission to go up on the dash. That said, we DO NOT make portfolio reviews nor do we check out blogs either.
- TPD works ONLY via submission.
Please be sure to follow every step stated above so that we can take you in count. It’s easier for everyone doing it this way. Remember our most important goal is to get your work exposed to as many viewers as possible, and to make it easier for them to find you.
We’ll be happy to hear from you soon. Feel free to spread the word, thank you!
Miniature Galaxies Created Through Tilt-Shift Technique
With the use of a relatively simple photography technique, Italian artist
Haari Tesla has reduced the cosmos to a microscopic level. Her series, Illuminated Code From Space, is experimentation in tilt-shift manipulation. By digitally adjusting the depth of field, contrast, and adding a gradient, Tesla has managed to transform photos of nebulae, galaxies, and supernovae into microorganisms. It’s incredible to look at these images and realize that they are actually photos of the largest place we know, rather than of something so small it can’t be seen with the naked eye.
The initial idea for the series came from the Greek Neo-Platonic schema of macrocosm and microcosm. Essentially, this is the recognition that the same traits appear in entities of many different sizes. Plato wrote about how we see these patterns reproduced in all levels, from the largest scale (macrocosm, or the universe) all the way down to a microscopic level (also know as microcosm),
They look like such delicate things that you keep in a high shelf.
Urgent security update
Bad news: A major vulnerability has been disclosed for the technology that powers encryption across the majority of the internet. That includes Tumblr. Our team took immediate action to fix the issue, but you should still take some time to change your password, not only here but on any other sites you visit.
You should also strongly consider enabling two-factor authentication. It’ll go a long way to ensure that no one besides you can access your account. Thanks, and take care.
Dreaming requires more brain activity than any function that occurs when you’re awake.
In Japanese myth there’s a creature called the Ashiaraiyashiki.It is a giant, unwashed foot that appears before you and demands to be washed
The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all your mistakes & weaknesses & still thinks you’re completely amazing.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on Steam, 50% off until Feb. 25
Square Enix has announced that the revamped MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is now available via Steam.
Dr. Dre has made more money from making headphones than he ever did making music.
You see yourself 5 times more attractive than you truly are when looking in the mirror.
Each time you kiss someone, your brain releases chemicals that attack stress hormones in which instantly improves mood.
Hugging someone for 20 seconds triggers a chemical reaction in the human body that causes two people to trust each other more.